Who is the RHEPTO?
If your child attends Red Hawk then you are part of The RHEPTO. All are welcome to attend our month PTO meeting!
The RHEPTO consists of a board (President, Vice President, Secretary, etc.), liaisons (support positions), and “helpers” who assist with specific events or initiatives. Most of the RHEPTO board members have full or part time jobs outside the home.
What is the RHEPTO?
The RHEPTO is a group of parents who work with the administration, teachers and staff to help support the success of Red Hawk Elementary School. The PTO has direct access to what is going on in the school.
What do they do?
The RHEPTO supports the school in several ways, including:
- Implementing fundraisers to fund school requested support such as; paraprofessionals, supplies, technology, and field trips that the school would not otherwise be able to afford. The PTO also has budgeted money for teachers for their classrooms so they don’t have to buy from their own pockets.
- Planning and hosting events to promote family time, traditions, and fun
- Organizing, preparing, and selling yearbooks
- Facilitating communication between parents and teachers
- Advocating for parents and students
- Supporting teachers and staff through listening to and responding to their needs, as well as coordinating and hosting appreciation events
We also provide volunteer support for the school and for PTO events. To sign up as a volunteer, visit the RHEPTO Volunteer Sign Up page. If you’re already signed up, visit the Volunteer Opportunities page to see a list of current needs.
PTO Budget Breakdown
(Numbers based on 2017 – 2018 Budget)
- ParaEducators 32.4%
- Teacher Funds for classroom expenses 15.4%
- Special Funds 12.9%
- Grade Team Funds 7.9%
- Staff Fridge, Conference Night Food & Appreciation 15%
- Misc Support 7.5%
- Free Events 5.7%
- Business Expenses (insurance, etc.) 2.1%